On one of Melbourne's coldest winter nights, 142 CEOs slept out at Etihad Stadium in support of the 2012 Vinnies CEO Sleepout.
It was a great night. I raised a total of $30,969 on the night, thanks to donations from the sales of Urbanedge Homes, colleagues, business partners and contractors.
If you haven't heard about it, this event was created to raise funds and awareness for homeless people nation-wide by challenging business and community leaders to experience homelessness first-hand for just one night.
The event raised over $615,000 in Victoria while across Australia, the Vinnies CEO Sleepout raised $5.2 million to assist the homeless.
These donations will help in
- Providing a meal and educational resource for a disadvantaged child
- Ensuring a family keeps its power on this winter
- Providing emergency accommodation and food to a family in crisis
- Relocating and establishing a homeless person into one of the
Society's homeless accommodation services
- Paying the rent for a family facing eviction from their home
I would like to express my HUGE appreciation for your generosity.